Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

August Birch Box Reveal

 
In August, I signed up to receive Birch Box.  Birchbox is a monthly sampler box that contains 5 generous samples and possibly full size items.  I've been seeing Birchbox ads for a while, and decided to give it a try...because I love beauty products (I'm a bit of a hoarder if I'm being honest).
 
 
Birchbox sends the samples in a nice reusable box.  This is what the box looks like once you take it out of the shipping package.
 
 
 
The first peek inside my August Birchbox

 
The box comes with a card, that tells you about the items that you received in your box.  There is some personalization involved in Birchbox.  You tell them whether you like perfume samples, about your hair, your skin, your skin concern, your beauty style, how proficient you are with makeup, and what kinds of products you would like samples of.




When I removed the lid, this is what was inside.

 
Whish Shaving Cream  - it's huge for a sample - bigger than deluxe.  It's about the size of the hand creams from Bath and Body Works.

 
Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris fragrance sample.  It's your typical size fragrance sample.  It smells amazing.  Very rich and lush.  I had to pass this sample on though as my husband has bad perfume allergies and this one just set him off.  I was sad to part with it though.

 
LAQA & CO Lip Lube - this one was also a huge sample - about half the size of a normal lip crayon.  It's a really pretty color. 

 
K6 Cleanser - a deluxe sample.  I haven't tried it yet, because I don't want to switch cleansers while I'm using another one.  But the one I'm using is almost out, and I'll use this one next.
 
Benefit's new "they're Real" push-up eye-liner.  It's the size that comes in Benefit's sample packs (you know the ones - 4 or 5 deluxe sample size Benefit products for $34).  I gave this one away too because I'm not big on eyeliner.  My eyes twitch anytime anything is within inches of them so I can only use soft eye-crayons unless I want the railroad track effect on my eyes.
 
 
Overall, I think that this Birchbox was worth the $10.  I got some great products, and very generous sizes at that.  Have you ever tried Birchbox?  What did you get in your box, and how did you like it?

No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie